About the FA exam
In this exam, you will learn the underlying principles and concepts of financial accounting, accounting techniques and the preparation of basic financial statements. You’ll demonstrate technical proficiency in the use of double-entry techniques, including the preparation and interpretation of basic financial statements for sole traders, partnerships, companies and simple groups of companies.
- The context and purpose of financial reporting
- The qualitative characteristics of financial information
- The use of double-entry and accounting systems
- Recording transactions and events
- Preparing a trial balance
- Preparing basic financial statements
- Preparing simple consolidated financial statements
- Interpretation of financial statements
The FA exam is a 2 hour on-demand computer-based exam with a 50% pass mark. The exam is entirely compulsory.
Download FA syllabus & study guide here.